Since 1999 our law firm has recovered more than $350,000,000 for victims of investment fraud and misconduct.
Jury Verdict Won Against Prudential Securities $262 Million
Recovered for 100-Year Old Widow $30 Million
Recovered in Retirement Losses $10 Million
Recovered for a Large Group of Individual Investors $6.5 Million
Recovered for Elderly Victim in Ponzi Scheme Case $3.8 Million
Recovered for Elderly Ponzi Scheme Victim $3.2 Million
Recovered for More Than 50 Families of Ponzi Scheme in California $3.2 Million
Recovered for 35 Families in Northeast Ohio $3.1 Million
Losses Recovered for 20 Retirees $3 Million
Recovered for Retired Physician Against Major Wall Street Firm Prior to Filing FINRA Arbitration $2.5 Million
Pennsylvania Financial Advisor Negligence
A financial advisor’s negligence could cost you and your family thousands of dollars. An advisor acting outside of his or her legal duties to you as a client could be detrimental to your future financial stability. You have the right to trust a financial advisor without that person betraying your trust. If you or someone you love has experienced significant financial losses due to advisor negligence, the Pennsylvania investment fraud attorneys at Meyer Wilson can help. Contact us for a free legal consultation about your case.
What Makes Meyer Wilson Unique?
- We understand the importance of communication. We aim to respond to all correspondence within 12 hours.
- We have 20-plus years of practice area experience. Our attorneys dedicate their time, day and night, to helping victims of investment fraud.
- We have a 99% case success rate. Our past results for clients show over $350 million won in settlements and verdict awards.
- We have a history of taking cases to court in Pennsylvania. We do not shy away from civil trials against powerful financial corporations if that is what it takes.
- We do not bill attorney’s fees until we win. You will pay $0 upfront for our financial advisor negligence attorneys and will only have to pay our fees if we win your case.
Defining Financial Advisor Negligence
A financial advisor has been negligent if he or she has failed to meet the expected standards of care in securities law while handling a client’s account, resulting in harm to the client. Receiving compensation for a financial advisor’s negligence, however, requires proving certain elements during insurance settlement negotiations and/or a civil trial in Pennsylvania.
- Duty to exercise reasonable care. A financial advisor will owe this duty only if he or she has a professional relationship with the client. The specific duties will depend on whether the advisor is a fiduciary.
- Breach of duty. A financial advisor is negligent if he or she has breached any duty of care owed to the client while recommending investments or managing an account. The breach could be accidental or on purpose.
- Damages suffered and causation. An advisor could be civilly liable for negligence if he or she caused the client economic injury, such as money lost on an unsuitable investment recommendation.
You or your attorney will need to prove these elements to have a successful negligence claim against a financial advisor in Pennsylvania. Proof of negligence could come in the form of investment documents, correspondence from the advisor or expert witness testimony. Meyer Wilson has strong relationships with expert witnesses in investment law who may be able to help you win your claim.
How Hiring a Lawyer Could Help Your Pennsylvania Financial Advisor Negligence Case
The burden to prove the elements of a negligence claim rests with the plaintiff’s side of the case in Pennsylvania. If you do not have a legal background, fulfilling this burden and winning your case could be difficult. Hiring an attorney, however, can make it easier to defend your side of the case and obtain fair and full compensation for your losses. An attorney from Meyer Wilson will have years of experience in this practice area to put toward winning your case. After you hire a lawyer, you can relax and focus on other things while your lawyer takes care of every aspect of your negligence lawsuit.
Contact a Pennsylvania Financial Advisor Negligence Attorney
Contacting an attorney in Pennsylvania for assistance with your negligence claim could improve your chances of obtaining the settlement or verdict you need to move forward with peace of mind and financial stability after financial advisor wrongdoing. Our attorneys have represented the interests of over 800 investors around the country. We work tirelessly on behalf of each client to maximize payouts for negligent, fraudulent or criminal financial advisors and brokerage firms. Discover what your case could be worth today during a free consultation.
Request a meeting online or call Meyer Wilson at (800) 738-1960.
More than $350,000,000 Recovered
Voted Best Lawyers in America® for Ten Years Running
David Meyer is President of Public Investors Advocate Bar Association (PIABA)
Over a Thousand Investor Claim Cases Since 1999
Exclusive Focus on Investor Claims & Class/Mass Action Lawsuits
Deep Bench of Skilled Attorneys and Staff Members
Meyer Wilson has represented over 1,000 individual investors in high-stakes claims across the country, and has recovered over $350 million on their behalves. See what former clients have to say about our team.