David P. Meyer, Esq. Founding Attorney
David P. Meyer is the founding principal of our law firm. David Meyer has earned a national reputation for successfully representing investors who are victims of investment fraud. He has represented approximately 1,000 individual investors from all across the country in securities arbitration and litigation against all major brokerage firms and has won verdicts, judgments and settlements of hundreds of millions of dollars for his clients.
$261 Million Verdict Against Prudential SecuritiesDavid Meyer served as lead counsel for hundreds of retirees in a class action against Prudential Securities and won a jury verdict in excess of $261 million, believed to be the largest jury verdict in Ohio's history. Read more about the verdict here.
He has also been appointed lead or co-lead counsel by state and federal courts throughout the country in numerous consumer class actions.
He is listed in the Best Lawyers in America® (2020), a distinction limited to just 4% of the practicing attorneys in the country as voted upon by other lawyers. Thomson Reuters has also named him one of the Top 100 Lawyers in the state of Ohio.
David Meyer has also achieved the peer review rating of AV-Preeminent® (5.0/5.0 – the highest rating available) under Martindale-Hubbell®'s rating system for legal ability and ethical standards. He is also rated a perfect 10/10 "Superb" by AVVO, an independent lawyer rating service.
Meyer is a recognized authority on securities arbitration procedure and often serves as a guest lecturer on securities fraud and stockbroker malpractice. Bar associations regularly invite him to speak to attorneys at educational seminars and he also provides education to investor groups, accountants and other financial professionals concerning investor protection.
He currently serves as an Officer and member of the Board of Directors of the Public Investors' Arbitration Bar Association (PIABA), a national organization of attorneys dedicated to the advancement of investors' rights in securities arbitration proceedings.
Partial Listing of Speaking Engagements by David P. Meyer, Esq.:
- "Stockbroker Malpractice and Securities Arbitration" – Ohio Association for Justice Annual Convention, May, 2012
- "Investment Scams Targeting the Elderly" — Columbus Bar Association - Chester Institute, 2011
- "Stockbroker Malpractice and Securities Arbitration" – Annual Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Institute: Dayton Bar Association, 2010
- “Two Top Minds Battling About Selling Away Cases," Moderator – Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association, Annual Convention, October 2016
- “Preventing Stockbroker Misconduct and Pursuing Investor Claims” – Ohio State Bar Association, Webcast Presentation, May 2015
- “Ponzi Scheme Loss Recovery: Statutory Aiding and Abetting Claims” – Ohio Association for Justice, 2015 Annual Convention, May 2015
- “Civil Liability under State Securities Laws” – Ohio State Bar Association, Webcast Seminar, April 2015
- "Getting Personal with Securities Litigation in 2014" Featured Presenter – New York University Stern School of Business, New York City, April 2014
- "Stockbroker Malpractice and Securities Arbitration" Featured Speaker – Warren County Bar Association CLE Seminar, March 2013
- "Stockbroker Fraud and Securities Arbitration," Presenter – Columbus Bar Association, December 2012
- "Third Annual CBA/COAJ Trial Skills Institute," Moderator – Columbus Bar Association, November 2012
- "Investor Claims" – Ohio Association for Justice, Winter Convention, Cleveland, November 2012
- "Fallout from Securities Fraud: Options for Recovery" – Annual Ohio Securities Conference, Ohio Division of Securities, October 2012
- "Stockbroker Malpractice and Securities Arbitration" – Lake County, Ohio, Bar Association Presentation, October 2012
- "When Investment Portfolios Fail: Holding Stockbrokers and Investment Counselors Accountable" – West Virginia Association for Justice Annual Convention, June, 2012
- "Stockbroker Malpractice" – Annual Litigation Seminar: Central Ohio Association for Justice (COAJ), 2010
- "Mandatory Securities Arbitration of Customer Claims against Brokerage Firms" – Panel Member, Ohio Division of Securities' Annual Securities Conference: State of Ohio Division of Securities, 2009
- "What are the Pros and Cons of Class Arbitrations: Plaintiffs' Perspective" – Ohio Class Action Summit (sponsored by the law firm of Porter Wright), 2008
- "Stockbroker Malpractice" – West Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, 2007
- "Stockbroker Malpractice" – Stark County (Ohio) Elder Law Seminar, 2006
- "Stockbroker Malpractice" – Seminar: Lancaster (Ohio) Estate Planning Group, 2005
- "Variable Annuities: Financial Exploitation of the Elderly" – Elder Law Update; Annual Convention: Ohio State Bar Association, 2005
- "Consumer Class Actions: In the Wake of New Federal Class Action Law" – Negligence Seminar; 2005 Annual Convention: Ohio Academy Of Trial Lawyers, 2005
- "Stockbroker Malpractice" – Addressing Certified Public Accountants, Columbus, Ohio, 2004
- "Stockbroker Malpractice" – Seminar: American Association of Individual Investors, 2004
- "Stockbroker Malpractice" – Cleveland (Ohio) Bar Association (Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association), 2003