Losses Caused by GPB Capital Holdings
Meyer Wilson has been following and reporting on GPB Capital Holdings since it came under regulatory inquiry earlier this year for potential securities laws violations. The Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth has announced an investigation into 63 brokerage firms that allegedly sold private placements from GPB Capital Holdings
GPB Capital Holdings is an investment firm that raised $1.8 million from selling private placement securities that invested in automotive dealerships, the waste management industry, and middle market lending, including:
- GPB Holdings LP
- GPB Holdings II
- GPB Holdings III
- GPB Automotive Portfolio LP
- GPB Waste Management, LP
- GPB NYC Development LP
- GPB Cold Storage
Private placements are non-public offerings used to raise capital. These investments are often sold to "accredited” investors. Private placements are generally illiquid, meaning they cannot be readily sold and are not traded on the open market. They offer investors higher returns than publicly traded stocks and bonds, but limited company information and lack of regulatory oversight creates a greater risk for financial losses. They are not suitable for most retail investors, and brokerage firms are required by industry rules to do a careful due diligence analysis before selling them to its customers.
The brokerage firms that are alleged to have recommended and sold GPB Capital Holdings include:
- Accelerated Capital Group
- Advisory Group Equity Services, Ltd
- Aegis Capital Corp
- Aeon Capital, Inc.
- American Capital Partners, LLC
- Arete Wealth Management, LLC
- Arkadios Capital
- Ascendant Alternative Strategies, LLC
- Ausdal Financial Partners, Inc.
- Avere Financial Group, LLC
- Axiom Capital Management, Inc.
- BCG Securities, Inc.
- Benjamin & Jerold Brokerage I, LLC
- Cabot Lodge Securities, LLC
- Calton & Associates, Inc.
- Cape Securities, Inc.
- Capital Financial Services, Inc.
- Capital Investment Group, Inc.
- Cascade Financial Management, Inc.
- Center Street Securities, Inc.
- Coastal Equities, Inc.
- Colorado Financial Service Corp.
- Concorde Investment Services, LLC
- Crown Capital Securities, L.P.
- Crystal Bay Securities, Inc.
- David A. Noyes & Company
- Dawson James Securities, Inc.
- Dempsey Lord Smith, LLC
- Detalus Securities, LLC
- DFPG Investments, Inc.
- Dinosaur Financial Group, LLC
- Emerson Equity LLC
- Financial West Group
- FSC Securities Corp.
- Geneos Wealth Management, Inc.
- Great Point Capital, LLC
- H. Hill Securities, LLLP
- Hightower Securities, LLC
- IBN Financial Services, Inc.
- Innovation Partners LLC
- International Assets Advisory, LLC
- Investment Architects, Inc.
- Kalos Capital, Inc.
- Kingsbury Capital, Inc.
- Ladenburg Thalman
- Landolt Securities, Inc.
- Lewis Financial Group, L.C.
- Lion Street Financial, LLC
- Lowell & Company, Inc.
- Madison Avenue Securities, Inc.
- McDonald Partners LLC
- McNally Financial Services Corp.
- Moloney Securities Co., Inc.
- Money Concepts Capital Corp.
- MSC – BD LLC
- National Securities Corp.
- Newbridge Securities
- Newbridge Securities Corp.
- Orchard Securities, LLC
- Pariter Securities, LLC
- Partier Securities, LLC
- Private Client Services, LLC
- Purshe Kaplan Sterling Investments
- Royal Alliance Associates, Inc.
- Sagepoint Financial, Inc.
- Sandlapper Securities, LLC
- SCF Securities, Inc.
- Sentinus Securities, LLC
- Silber Bennett Financial, Inc.
- Stephen A. Kohn & Associates, Ltd.
- Triad Advisors, LLC
- Uhlmann Price Securities, LLC
- United Planners’ Financial Services of America, LP
- Vanderbilt Securities, LLC
- Vestech Securities, Inc.
- Western International Securities, Inc.
- Westpark Capital, Inc.
- Whitehall-Parker Securities, Inc.
- Wilmington Capital Securities, LLC
- Windsor Street Capital, LP
- Woodbury Financial Services, Inc.
Investment loss attorneys at Meyer Wilson are available to discuss your rights and options for claims against brokerage firms that sold the high-risk, high-commission private placements now under regulatory investigation. Our legal team has been named among the 2019 “Best Lawyers in America” by U.S. News, and has recovered more than $350 million for our clients. Call (800) 738-1960 to get started with a free consultation.
More than $350,000,000 Recovered
Voted Best Lawyers in America® for Ten Years Running
David Meyer is President-Elect of Public Investors Advocate Bar Association (PIABA)
Over a Thousand Investor Claim Cases Since 1999
Exclusive Focus on Investor Claims & Class/Mass Action Lawsuits
Deep Bench of Skilled Attorneys and Staff Members
Jury Verdict Won Against Prudential Securities $262 Million
Recovered for 100-Year Old Widow $30 Million
Recovered in Retirement Losses $10 Million
Recovered for a Large Group of Individual Investors $6.5 Million
Recovered for Elderly Victim in Ponzi Scheme Case $3.8 Million
Recovered for Elderly Ponzi Scheme Victim $3.2 Million
Recovered for More Than 50 Families of Ponzi Scheme in California $3.2 Million
Recovered for 35 Families in Northeast Ohio $3.1 Million
Losses Recovered for 20 Retirees $3 Million
Recovered for Retired Physician Against Major Wall Street Firm Prior to Filing FINRA Arbitration $2.5 Million