Fort Myers Financial Advisor David Rockwell Facing Client Claims Of Alleged Forgery, Fraud & Misappropriation
Did you or someone you love lose money investing with David A. Rockwell (CRD# 4236377)? The Financial Advisor from Fort Myers, Florida has been implicated in two separate customer disputes over claims that he engaged in forgery, fraud, and misappropriation. The two complaints seek a total of $1.2 million in alleged damages.
According to FINRA’s online BrokerCheck, Rockwell has two pending customer disputes:
- July 2019 Dispute – A pending customer complaint filed on July 12, 2019 claims Rockwell was involved in forgery and fraud regarding clients’ accounts. It seeks $700,000 in alleged damages.
- June 2019 Dispute – A pending customer complaint filed on June 26, 2019 claims Rockwell misappropriated money from a client’s account to invest in a private security related to a company Rockwell owned. The client is seeking $500,000 in alleged damages.
Rockwell, who was previously registered with Cetera Advisory Networks LLC in For Myers from December 2015 to November 2018, is not currently registered as a broker. Additionally, he has several other disclosure events on his BrokerCheck profile, including:
- In November 2018, Rockwell was discharged from Cetera due to being charged with a felony; he pled guilty to one count of felony aggravated stalking / cyberstalking in 2018 in Lee County, Florida.
- A disclosure made final in April 2014 shows Rockwell plead guilty to 1 misdemeanor charge in Mount Clemens, MI, after facing several felony allegations over impaired driving from an incident in 2013.
- A disclosure regarding employment separation indicated Rockwell was discharged from World Choice Securities, Inc. in June 2019 over allegations that during his previous tenure at Cetera, a customer established and funded an LLC with $400k and subsequently transferred the funds to an LLC established by Rockwell for the purpose of real estate deals alleged to have never been made. The allegations concerned Rockwell’s conduct while at Cetera between 2016 and 2018, and the discharge took place shortly after Rockwell had begun the registration process to affiliate with World Choice Securities.
Call Meyer Wilson to Discuss Your Rights & Options: (888) 390-6491
Meyer Wilson is a nationally recognized law firm that represents investors throughout the country in matters of securities litigation and arbitration related to investment fraud and misconduct – including investor losses incurred as a result of Bad Brokers who engaged in misappropriation, fraud, and forgery, and brokerage firms that failed to supervise their employees.
If you suffered financial losses and would like to learn more about your rights and options, our legal team is readily available to speak with you. Call (888) 390-6491 or contact us online to speak confidentially with an attorney.