Types of Scams
| November 18, 2019
Common Questions About Investment Scams
- Am I paying excessive fees in my employer-sponsored retirement plan?
- How does margin trading work?
- What is securities based lending?
- How can I find out whether an investment seminar is legitimate or a scam?
- I’d like to invest in rebuilding efforts related to Hurricane Sandy, but I know there are a lot of investment scams out there. How can I avoid fraud while still using my investment dollars to help?
- How can I avoid getting involved in a gold investment scam?
- What is a nutraceutical stock scam?
- How does a “pump and dump” scam work?
- Should I purchase variable annuities with money inside my IRA?
- I’ve been offered an exclusive investment opportunity in oil and gas in Texas. How can I tell if it’s a scam?
- How can I avoid investment scams through social media sites like Facebook?
- I’ve lost money in a stock scam. What should I do?
- How can I verify that an investment I learned about online isn’t a scam?
- I went to an investment seminar and was very interested in the product that was being promoted. However, when it came time to buy, it seemed like they were trying to sell me on a different investment. I didn’t end up buying, but is this some kind of well-known investment scam?
- After the recent tragedy, I am interested in putting my money into investments that will have an impact in Japan. What are the signs of an investment scam related to the Japan tragedy?
- How dangerous are promissory note investments?