What are the earliest signs of investment fraud?
| November 18, 2019
Although every situation is unique, there are some signs of investment fraud that may be apparent even before you start digging in to do your research. Here are some of the very first signs that something is amiss:
- The promoter is very aggressive or harassing
- You are asked to pay in cash
- The investment is only available in a very limited time window
- The promoter “guarantees” very high returns on the investment.
- The promoter reaches you through unsolicited email, phone calls, or mail
Remember that spotting these signs doesn’t guarantee that an investment opportunity is a scam, but you should take these signs seriously and ALWAYS carefully research each investment before you hand over your cash. There is no shortcut for doing good research, and we encourage you to make use of the free research tools available through FINRA and the SEC.
Sometimes even a legitimate insurance company will try to pressure their customers into purchasing unwise and unsafe products, like a variable universal life policy.
If you have already suffered losses because of investment fraud or broker misconduct and need help, reach out to a friendly and experienced investment scam lawyer with Meyer Wilson. You can reach us today by calling, or you can fill out our confidential online contact form for more information.