According to the latest statistics (2019) reported by the United States Sentencing Commission, securities and investment fraud has increased by 13.3% since the fiscal year 2015. This infographic details the facts you need to know.
- 5,707 federal criminal cases reported to the United States Sentencing Commission were categorized as theft, property destruction, and fraud.
- 4.4% of federal theft, property destruction, and fraud offenses involved securities and investment fraud.
- The number of securities and investment fraud offenders are as follows per year:
- 2015: 218 offenders
- 2016: 221 offenders
- 2017: 230 offenders
- 2018: 213 offenders
- 2019: 247 offenders
- Median Loss For Securities and investment fraud offenses: $2,000,000. The highest loss was in 2015 at over $3,000,000.
- The Southern District of New York was the top for securities and investment fraud offenders.
Were You a Victim of Securities Fraud? Contact Meyer Wilson
If you’ve suffered losses due to the negligence of a stockbroker, investment adviser, or brokerage firm, you may be able to pursue recovery. Our experienced investment misconduct attorneys are here to hold financial institutions accountable for fraudulent activities that cause our clients to lose their hard-earned money.