Have you or someone you love lost money investing with financial advisor David Miller (CRD# 4648882)? Miller is currently a registered broker and investment advisor employed with Peachcap Securities, Inc. out of Atlanta, GA.
David Miller has had a lengthy career in the investment industry, dating back to 2003. However, he is also the subject of many pending and serious allegations. Miller has also settled many customer complaints against him. The complaints against Miller revolve around direct participation products (DPPs) like non-traded real estate investment trusts (REITs), oil & gas programs, annuities, and equipment leasing programs.
What Is a CRD Number?
A Central Registration Depository (CRD) number is assigned to each investment brokerage firm and each individual broker. The number is contained in a database that holds information related to these individuals and firms and can be used to track their industry employment history and whether they have had any customer complaints against them.
Does David Miller Have a History of Customer Complaints?
David Miller has had many recent customer complaints that have been settled or are still pending. The complaints that are still pending include:
- A customer unhappy with investment performance and is requesting $1,200,000.
- A complaint alleging sales practice violations related to mismanagement of their account from October 2015 to October 2016. the amount requested is $43,541.
- A complaint that alleges sales practice from miss management of an account from October 2015 to early 2017. The amount requested is $27,936.14.
- Claimant alleging sales practice violations related to mismanagement of their account October 2015 early 2017. The amount requested is $49,551.
David Miller has also settled various claims related to customer complaints, including the following:
- $100,000 was awarded to a customer who is unhappy with the performance of his investment in 2018.
- $315,000 was awarded to a customer who was also unhappy with the performance of their investment.
- $50,000 was awarded to yet another customer unhappy with their investments made by David Miller.
These Complaints Revolve Around DDPS
Direct participation products (DDPs) such as non-traded REITs, equipment leasing products, oil and gas offerings, and other alternative investments almost never profit the investor. They are also usually associated with high fees and costs. Investments such as REITs have historically underperformed even low-return safe investments like US treasury bonds.
When brokers fail to disclose the risks and costs associated with these types of investments, they are engaging in misleading practices. Unfortunately, DDPs have very little oversight in the United States and brokers have been getting away with defrauding investors.
Where Has David Miller Previously Worked?
David Miller has previously worked for the following employers:
- INVESTACORP, INC. (CRD#:7684) based in Atlanta, GA
- AMERIPRISE FINANCIAL SERVICES, INC. (CRD#:6363) based in Atlanta, GA
- IDS LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY (CRD#:6321) based in Minneapolis, MN
What You Can Do Now
Meyer Wilson is a nationally recognized investment fraud law firm that handles cases of securities litigation and arbitration related to investment fraud and misconduct committed by brokers. We also handle cases against brokerage firms that fail to properly supervise their employees.
We are dedicated to helping those who have suffered from brokers who engage in fraudulent activity, forgery, misappropriation, and more. If you or a loved one have suffered financial loss and would like to discuss your rights moving forward, we are here to help. Call (800) 738-1960 or contact us online to speak confidentially with an attorney.