Top Ten Warning Signs of Investment Fraud
Tales of investment fraud continue to dominate the headlines. To protect yourself from becoming a victim of the next scheme, watch out for these warning signs.
That "golden opportunity" may be an investment scam if:
- 1. It promises "guaranteed" returns;
- 2. It promises high returns for little or no risk;
- 3. It's being pitched by a leader in your community or a fellow group member, such as ethnic, racial, religious, or other groups;
- 4. It involves a reverse merger stock or your money has to be sent overseas;
- 5. It involves "break-through" technology;
- 6. It's tied to a current natural disaster;
- 7. It's unregistered, or it's being pitched by an unregistered adviser or salesperson;
- 8. It lacks documentation, such as prospectuses, offering statements, or financial reports;
- 9. It's difficult to understand; and/or
- 10. The pitch comes with high-pressure sales tactics that push you to purchase immediately.
If you believe you have been the victim of an investment scheme, you should contact an experienced investment fraud attorney immediately. Failure to do so may result in an inability to recover losses. A skilled attorney will take the time to go through your options and determine the best course of action.
For more information, contact us toll-free at (888) 390-6491 or complete the online form at the top of this page and we will respond promptly.