Several agencies unsealed an indictment filed against numerous Florida mortgage brokers and attorneys for their involvement in an investment scam. The defendants who are alleged to have been involved in the multi-million dollar fraud scheme include:
- Joseph Guaracino, 32, Plantation, Florida
- Steven Stoll, 43, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Stephen Orchard, 34, Boca Raton, Florida
- Matthew Gulla, 35, Davie, Florida
- Rene Rodriguez, Jr., 37, Plantation, Florida
- Dennis Guaracino, Jr., 34, Plantation, Florida
- Jacqueline Trumbore, 39, Margate, Florida
- John Velez, 37, Plantation, Florida
- Daryl Radziwon, 39, Plantation, Florida
- Casey Mittauer, 37, Cooper City, Florida
- Joseph DeRosa, 35, Coral Springs, Florida
- Robert DePriest, 41, Plantation, Florida
- Joseph LaGrasta, 31, Tamarac, Florida
The defendants have been charged with conspiracy, mail fraud, wire fraud, and making false statements to a government agency. Two of the defendants have also been charged with obstructing justice.
The indictment claims that the defendant’s investment scheme involved real property in Broward and Palm Beach counties. The accused allegedly bought and sold the real property by submitting, and causing to be submitted, false and fraudulent documents to mortgage lenders in order to obtain the loans.
According to the indictment, the total dollar amount of the loans secured under the investment scam was in excess of $16 million.
The Law Firm of David P. Meyer & Associates
If you have lost money due to investment fraud, you should contact an experienced investment fraud lawyer at the law firm of David P. Meyer & Associates for a free case evaluation. Contact us by calling toll-free (800) 738-1960 or filling out ouronline form. Our investment fraud attorneys are licensed in Ohio and California and we represent investors nationwide in securities arbitration and litigation claims.