Meyer Wilson is a boutique firm devoted solely to investor claims and class action lawsuits. With offices in Ohio, California, and Michigan, we practice nationwide, and have represented thousands of clients since 1999, including individual and institutional investors in Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, New York, Miami, Orlando, Tampa, Atlanta, Chicago, Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati, Charlotte, Detroit, Indianapolis, Dallas, Houston, Seattle.
When you trust a stockbroker or financial advisor with your investments, you are entrusting that advisor with your future financial security. When that trust is broken and the broker commits fraud, mismanages your investments, or engages in unethical or illegal conduct, consult an experienced investment fraud attorney from Meyer Wilson immediately.
The sole focus of our six lawyers and extensive support team is investor claims and mass/class action lawsuits.
Part of what makes Meyer Wilson so unique is that we do not spread our resources thin over many different legal practice areas; nor do we take on a large caseload of investor claims cases. Investment and securities arbitrations and lawsuits require a deep understanding of the securities industry and tremendous attention to detail. Our securities fraud attorneys pour their time and extensive resources into each case that we handle for investors who have been harmed by fraud, misrepresentation, breach of fiduciary duty, unauthorized trading and related investment misconduct.
Choosing a law firm for your investment fraud case can be an overwhelming task. You only have one chance to pursue a recovery of your investment losses, and you need to make the most of that opportunity. This means being careful to avoid basing your decision solely on advertising; you should research the firm’s experience, resources, reputation, client reviews, and overall fit.
A few reasons why Meyer Wilson may be the right firm for you:
- Proven Results. Meyer Wilson has a verifiable record of proven results. We have recovered over $350 million in compensation for clients, taken on some of the world’s most powerful financial institutions, and have spearheaded major litigation in high-stakes and high-profile claims.
- Deep Resources. Doing this work every day for 20 years means we’ve cultivated relationships which add value to our clients’ cases. We’ve earned the respect of colleagues who regularly appear on the other side of our cases, and have forged positive relationships with mediators. We don’t believe these kinds of valuable relationships can be built in 3, 5 or even 10 years.
- A Small Caseload. We are not a high-volume firm. We turn down representation to more than 4 out of every 5 prospective cases. We are selective in the cases we take because we refuse to cut corners. At Meyer Wilson, every client is assigned two lawyers and a securities arbitration paralegal. We believe committing substantial resources to each case is the only way to win.
- A Full Support Staff. By employing a full team of professionals who support out day-to-day work and the administrative burdens of operating a firm, our attorneys are able to focus our time and efforts on what matters most to clients. A full support staff also means we’re highly responsive and accessible; we return calls, e-mails, and texts within 12 hours.
- Contingency Fees. We know wronged investors come to our firm after having suffered grave financial losses. Because we’re devoted to helping clients amid turbulent times, and have the available resources required of these complex claims, we handle cases on contingency fees. This simply means that we collect a fee only if we win.
Jury Verdict Won Against Prudential Securities $262 Million
Recovered for 100-Year Old Widow $30 Million
Recovered in Retirement Losses $10 Million
Recovered for a Large Group of Individual Investors $6.5 Million
Recovered for Elderly Victim in Ponzi Scheme Case $3.8 Million
Recovered for Elderly Ponzi Scheme Victim $3.2 Million
Recovered for More Than 50 Families of Ponzi Scheme in California $3.2 Million
Recovered for 35 Families in Northeast Ohio $3.1 Million
Losses Recovered for 20 Retirees $3 Million
Recovered for Retired Physician Against Major Wall Street Firm Prior to Filing FINRA Arbitration $2.5 Million
It takes an army to win a war. At Meyer Wilson, we have a team large enough and tough enough to fight for your investment losses against even the most powerful adversaries. Wall Street and large financial institutions have access to limitless resources and corporate counsel. We built this firm with the goal of leveling the field to your benefit.
Every one of our investor cases is assigned to at least two investment fraud lawyers and one securities paralegal, and is reviewed personally by Attorney David P. Meyer.
By drawing from over 120 years of collective experience, we’re able to cover your case from every possible angle. Having multiple eyes available to review claims and case strategy, especially when they are as experienced and accomplished as our own, can help further ensure you have the strongest, most effective claim possible.
Skilled in Both Arbitration & Litigation
We represent clients with investor claims in federal and state courts, and in arbitration through the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), the American Arbitration Association (AAA), and private arbitration. We also represent international clients with claims against brokerage firms in the United States through FINRA.
As a niche firm, our attorneys have the ability to focus their time on what they do best: recovering losses from financial advisors, stockbrokers, and brokerage firms. Our class action practice group has served as lead and co-lead class counsel in numerous consumer class actions.
Highly Awarded Trial Attorneys
Our firm is honored to have received numerous awards and accolades from our communities, clients, and colleagues, including an AV® Rating from Martindale-Hubbell®, the highest peer rating available. Founding Attorney David P. Meyer, has also been named among The Best Lawyers in America®.
Meyer Wilson has secured jury awards, arbitration awards, and settlements with a combined value of hundreds of millions of dollars on behalf of our clients. Mr. Meyer has the honor of winning the largest jury verdict in Ohio's history: a $260+ million verdict for 250 investors against Prudential Securities.
What We Do – All Day, Every Day.
- Represent individual and institutional investors who have claims against stockbrokers, brokerage firms, and insurance companies for investment misconduct.
- Pursue single state and multi-state class actions on behalf of consumers in state and federal courts across the country.
More than $350,000,000 Recovered
Voted Best Lawyers in America® for Ten Years Running
David Meyer is President of Public Investors Advocate Bar Association (PIABA)
Over a Thousand Investor Claim Cases Since 1999
Exclusive Focus on Investor Claims & Class/Mass Action Lawsuits
Deep Bench of Skilled Attorneys and Staff Members