Meyer Wilson

Recovering Losses Caused By Investment Misconduct

Can I file a complaint against my broker in addition to pursuing arbitration?

If you feel that other investors could also be at risk of losing money because of the broker’s misconduct, you may want to file a complaint with the appropriate authority, such as the state securities commission, Securities and Exchange Commission or one of the self-regulatory organizations.

The primary regulatory organization is the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), which supervises about 4,700 brokerage firms, 167,000 branch offices and 635,000 registered securities representatives. A complaint can be made through FINRA’s investor complaint center by completing the online form located on the website, mailing the complaint or faxing it.

While these regulatory agencies may investigate your claim, they will not recover your financial losses resulting from any alleged investment fraud. In order for an investor to recover losses they suffered as the result of investment misconduct by their stockbroker, financial advisor or brokerage firm, the investor must pursue legal action through either arbitration or court (depending on the circumstances).

When Choosing an Attorney, Results Matter

  • $30M
    $30,000,000 Recovered in Confidential Settlement for 100-Year-Old-Widow
  • $10M
    Retirees Recover in Excess of $10,000,000 of Retirement Losses
  • $6.5M
    $6,500,000 Recovered for a Large Group of Individual Investors
  • $5M
    $5,000,000 Recovered for Group of Midwest Clients
  • $3.8M
    Meyer Wilson Recovers More than $3,800,000 for Elderly Victim in Ponzi Scheme Case
  • $3.2M
    $3,200,000 of Losses Recovered by Meyer Wilson for More Than 50 Families of Ponzi Scheme in California

Choose a Firm with Accolades:

  • Super Lawyers
  • Million Dollar Advocates Forum
  • Preeminent AV Peer Review Rated
  • Best Lawyers Lawyer of the Year
  • Best Lawyers Best Law Firm
  • The Best Lawyers in America
  • Avvo 10/10 Rating