If you are concerned about investment fraud, or if you simply don’t
have much investment experience, becoming more informed is one of the
best steps you can take to avoid fraud. Although investing can be very
complex, and the sheer amount of information available can be daunting,
there are some simple steps you can take to become a more informed investor.
Here are six easy ways to increase your investment knowledge and better
avoid investment fraud
- Take the time to learn more about popular products and markets.
- Get in the habit of carefully looking over your financial statements.
- Spend a few minutes each day keeping up to date on current financial news.
- Ask your adviser more questions, and look for clear answers in language
you can understand.
Use online tools like
FINRA’s BrokerCheck or the SEC’s EDGAR database.
- Learn more about common investment scams and how they work.
To get started and learn more about investment scams, we encourage you
to take a look at our FREE book
Five Signs of Investment Fraud…And What to Do if It’s Happened to You.You can receive your complimentary copy of this important guide simply
by giving us a call today.
If you have already suffered
investment losses due to fraud, reach out to the experienced investment fraud lawyers with Meyer Wilson.
Give us a call to schedule a free and confidential legal consultation
today, or fill out our easy online contact form for more information.